Wednesday, January 16, 2008

New Year's Resolution

I did not make any resolutions this year.

Actually, I take that back. I made one. To use the auto feature on my coffee pot every day so that I wake up and the coffee is ready. I am 1 for 16.

That is part of the reason I did not make any resolutions. I can not keep them.

The other reason is that I know this year is going to be challenging enough as it is. My main resolution is going to be to make it through the year.

In '08 I know that we are moving half way across the country.

Which entails:
2. selling a house
3. searching for and buying a new house
4. packing
5. unpacking
6. finding new doctors, dentists, hairdressers, libraries, parks, kids places, stores, dry cleaners, babysitters, friends
7. saying goodbye to good friends
8. living within 45 minutes of most of our family for the first time ever

This year we will also send my youngest off to kindergarten and my oldest to a new school, again.

We have done this before. By the time we move we will have been in our house and in this community for just under 2 years. Prior to that we had a wonderful yet challenging opportunity to live overseas for two years.

Packing, unpacking, starting new schools and making new friends, we have become experts at that.

Hopefully this will be our last move for a long time. But you never know. That is why they say that life is full of surprises.

I know that once we are settled we will love living closer to our families. It is just that the road to that contentment that will be very bumpy.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Moving is such a nightmare, at least you are moving towards family instead of away! Keep blogging through it all! Good luck!